Monday, December 9, 2019

Wedge of moral decay




December 9

Daily Bible Reading: Jude

Verse of the Day: Jude 1:17 – 19 – “But ye, beloved, remember ye the words which have been spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; that they said to you, In the last time there shall be mockers, walking after their own ungodly lusts. These are they who make separations, sensual, having not the Spirit.”

Deterioration is not sudden. It happens slowly over time. My garden does not become overgrown with weeds overnight (although sometimes it seems that way). No church suddenly leaves the faith. No person suddenly walks away from God. It is a slow, gradual process of accepting things that once were rejected. They may appear to be harmless or non-essential. Yet, they become a wedge that slowly produces a gap that widens and widens, until there is a total break. The slow moral erosion produces a total spiritual decay.

Prayer: Spirit, watch over me, and keep me in the right path at all times. Strengthen my hearing to hear Your small, still voice directing me. May I set my life upon the tracks of Your guidance. 




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------