Sunday, December 8, 2019

What am I copying?





December 8

Daily Bible Reading: 3 John

Verse of the Day: 3 John 1:11 – “Beloved, imitate not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: he that doeth evil hath not seen God.”

The proof of our commitment to God is that we live a life modeled after the good and we reject evil. It is so easy today to fall into the trap of modeling our lives after the world, and not after God. The lifestyle that we live reflects the extent of our focus upon God. Whatever we focus on will be what we behave like. 

Watch little children to see this truth. They seek to act and do the things that those around them do. For good or bad, they imitate those they are watching. We do the same. Our eyes on the world, and we act like the world. Our eyes on God, and we act like Him.

Prayer, Gracious and Marvelous God, help me to keep my mind and eyes upon You. You are the Truth, and I want to live a life of truth. You are Holy, and I want to live a life that is separated unto You. You are Love, and I want to display Your love to a lost and dying world around me. May I focus on You at all times.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------