Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sacrificial Giving




April 30

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 23 – 24

Verse of the Day: 2 Samuel 24:24 – “And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will verily buy it of thee at a price. Neither will I offer burnt-offerings unto Jehovah my God which cost me nothing. So David bought the threshing-floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.”

Araunah wanted to give David the threshing floor for sacrificing, but David insisted on paying for it. He understood the principle that when praising the Lord, when there is no cost there is no true sacrifice. David believed in sacrificial giving to the Lord (see more in 2 Corinthians 8:1 – 4 on this topic).

What have you sacrificially given to God lately? What did it cost you? Was it truly a sacrifice?

Prayer: God of my life, I am sorry that so much of what I give to You is the “leftovers” without any real sacrifice on my part. Your Son gave it all – help me to be all in in my giving back to You. Amen. 








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------