Sunday, May 20, 2018

Over and over again...





May 20

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 1 – 2

Verse of the Day: 1 Chronicles 1:1 – “Adam, Seth, Enosh,”

And thus begins nine chapters of the lineage of David. Over and over again (with a few little sidelights) we read names, names, and more names. Hundreds of names of kings, leaders, descendants, musicians, priest, ad infinitum. 

I used to wonder why in the Bible would God give us this dusty, monotonous tome of what appears at first glance to be non-important names. You know, what was God thinking?

I have since come to realize that these names stand for His children, His servants, and His friends. These people (unknown to me) are very important to God. And this brings me joy. You see these names are important to God – and I now see that my name is important to Him also. By the way, so is yours.

Prayer: Thank You God for including my name in Your list of important people. Amen. 







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------