Monday, May 21, 2018

Jabez's Prayer




May 21


Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 3 – 5


Verse of the Day: 1 Chronicles 4:10 – “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that thy hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it be not to my sorrow! And God granted him that which he requested.”


Bruce Wilkerson made this verse a very familiar one with his book The Prayer of Jabez. Many have tried to make this little prayer a magic potion to get what they want. It is not intended to be used that way.


We do find in this prayer a pattern that holds true when we are ready for God to do a major work in our life. We need to pray boldly and confidently in the One we are praying to. He asked God’s blessing, then His cooperation, and then for God’s protection. Are you willing to be used by God in His way? Then this prayer may be for you.


Prayer: God bless me and use me according to Your plan and timing. Amen.












No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------