Saturday, May 19, 2018

586 B.C.




May 19

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 23 – 25

Verse of the Day: 2 Kings 22:11 – “And Jehovah said, I will remove Judah also out of my sight, as I have removed Israel, and I will cast off this city which I have chosen, even Jerusalem, and the house of which I said, My name shall be there.”

The Books of Kings opens with David as King of Israel, we see Solomon in his glory, and then travel through the apostasy of the Northern Kingdom followed by the Southern Kingdom. The last chapter records the utter destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. Only the poor are left in the city.

From these books we learn the lessons that following God with our whole heart brings blessings, but rejecting God’s way will bring judgment. We are free to choose which one we will live with. The book ends with a note of hope that a remnant remains – God still watches over them.

Prayer: God help me today to choose Your way and not the way of the world. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------