Saturday, May 26, 2018

I stand amazed in the Presence




May 26

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 17 – 19

Verse of the Day: 1 Chronicles 17:16 – “Then David the king went in, and sat before Jehovah; and he said, Who am I, O Jehovah God, and what is my house, that thou hast brought me thus far?”

In today’s reading, David responds to God’s message with praise. He begins his time of worship with humility – “what is my house?” He did not see that he held any credentials to deserve the amazing promise of an eternal kingdom. He wants to know why he should be the recipient of the marvelous grace of God. He held no pedigree or ancestors who would make him a King. He didn’t see any reason why he should have this grace.

The same thing is true of every one of us. God has adopted us as His children, and we should all stand amazed that without any credentials or actions on our part, He has given us grace to be a part of His Eternal Kingdom.

Prayer: Today, I stand amazed in the presence of the One who gives me grace. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------