Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Angry?




October 2

Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 4

Verse of the Day: Ephesians 4:26 – “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:”

Paul uses Psalm 4:4 to illustrate that all anger is not sinful. However, we must be careful that anger does not fester or continue too long. We might respond in a controlled anger to injustice and sin being careful not to be consumed with this anger. We need to seek out the opportunities to display Christ’s love to everyone.

Any anger that moves out of the realm of control, or that plans to hurt another person is sinful. Anger that leads to thoughts of revenge is sinful. As Christians, we are never to seek to extract justice or revenge. This is God’s realm. When we seek to do this we are putting ourselves in God’s place. God will not honor any feelings or plans like these.

Prayer: Gracious Father, I am so thankful that You do not treat me as I often treat others. Help me to remember how You forgive and behave toward me in my actions and words to others. Forgive me as I have sinned so often. 







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------