Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Way over the Top!




October 1

Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 3

Verse of the Day: Ephesians 3:20 – 21 – “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all generations for ever and ever. Amen.”

I get chills every time I read these verses. Wow. This is a doxology or praise that Paul writes. Spend a little time camping out on what this says.

In the Greek we find the words literally state that He can do beyond measure, exceedingly beyond measure, over and above, more than is necessary, superadded. It is the Greek way of giving the highest superlative. That is not only dealing with what we ask, but what we might even think. Neither God’s love nor His power is limited by the human imagination.

Prayer: Superlative God, may I see your great Love and Power at work in my life today. May others see You through my imitating Jesus in all I say and do. I praise You today!




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------