Monday, October 7, 2019

Joy in Daily Doses



October 7

Daily Bible Reading: Philippians 3

Verse of the Day: Philippians 3:13 – 14 – “Brethren, I count not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

Some days we may feel up, and then other days not so much. Sometimes this comes from our memory. We are all guilty for sin that we have committed. Paul could not undo all the things he had done, but he had learned on a daily (he uses the present tense form of the word in the Greek) basis to forget those things that have been forgiven by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

We need to move on. We need to strive to do what God is calling us to do. We are to seek Him, to serve Him, and to savor the joy that comes from our close personal relationship with Him.

Prayer: Father, I rest in Your Grace and Mercy today. May I draw close and bask in Your Joy. I thank You for this, Amen.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------