Saturday, October 5, 2019

JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!



October 5

Daily Bible Reading: Philippians 1

Verse of the Day: Philippians 1:25 – 26 – “And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide, yea, and abide with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith; that your glorying may abound in Christ Jesus in me through my presence with you again.”

We come to one of my favorite letters in the New Testament, Philippians. This is a short letter (four chapters and only 104 verses), yet it resounds over and over with encouragement and challenges to be joyful in all circumstances.

As you read this short letter from Paul, we quickly learn that he is not sitting in a glamorous resort dining on prime steak. Paul is in a Roman prison. This is one of the four “Prison Epistles” that Paul penned. 

This is a vivid reminder to us that our joy is not in our circumstances or experiences, but in whom we know … Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Jesus, Joy of our Salvation, as I muse over the words of Paul these next few days, may I find the courage to be joyful no matter what I am going through. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------