Saturday, December 22, 2018

Known by God





December 22

Daily Bible Reading: Nahum 1 – 3

Verse of the Day: Nahum 1:7 – “The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.”

As I read this verse, I first saw the promise of God’s goodness. Then I saw the promise of His protection through trouble. But what really caught my attention is the last phrase – “he knoweth them that trust in him.”

God – the creator of this vast universe. God the omnipotent, omniscience, omnipresent Being. God – outside of time and space, bigger than His creation, superior over all things. God, this vat infinite Being knows me. Me, a small speck on this big, blue ball hurtling through space in this vast universe. Me, someone who is not known by many of the billions of people on this planet. Me, important only in my own mind. But, because I have trusted Jesus Christ as my Savior, God knows me – and everything about me. Trust Him today – He knows you.

Prayer: God, what a glorious thought as we approach Christmas – You know me, and love me. Thank You. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------