Saturday, December 15, 2018

Seek good...



December 15

Daily Bible Reading: Amos 4 - 6

Verse of the Day: Amos 5:14 – “Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.”

In this section of Amos, God is pleading with Israel to return to Him. He tells them to seek good to live. He is not speaking of doing good deeds to get into heaven. As Jesus said in Matthew 19:17, “And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God….”

If we want eternal life in Christ, we must seek Him and receive Him into our lives. During this advent season, there could be no better gift to receive than forgiveness through Christ. Repent and ask Him into your life today.

Prayer: God, my life is broken, I know it is because of my sin. I believe Christ came to live, die, and rise again to rescue me from my sin. Forgive me as I turn from my selfish ways and put my trust in You. I take Jesus as my Lord today and will follow Him. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------