Saturday, December 29, 2018

Selling out Jesus





December 29

Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 10 – 12

Verse of the Day: Zechariah 11:12 – “And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.”

This Old Testament prophet carries a number of prophecies that describe the Messiah – Jesus. In today’s reading, we come across the verse that predicts that Judas would sell Jesus out for thirty pieces of silver (read Matthew 27:9). In just a couple of verses later we see the continuation of what took place when Judas’ money was used to buy the Potter’s field.

The price of selling out Jesus. Sometimes today we are guilty of selling our Jesus. We are quick to accept a momentary, temporal item in return for betraying our Savior. Ponder today over anything that you have allowed to replace Jesus as the center of your life. And then, return Jesus to the rightful place in your life.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I come before You now, confessing that I have “sold You out” for things that are not eternal. Thank You for forgiving me today. Amen. 




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------