Wednesday, December 12, 2018

NO FEAR





December 12


Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 12 - 14

Verse of the Day: Hosea 13:14a – “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction…”

We find the basis for Paul’s statement in 1 Corinthians 15 that Christ defeated death and the grave. Hosea records God’s promise that when we respond to His plea for us to return, God will restore us from our rebellion. A believer does not need fear death. A sweet saint I knew would always say, “Don’t worry about me, I know where I am going.” In the midst of her draining disease, she held a confidence in the One who promised her life in the fullness. She knew that if she did not see healing in this life, she would see full restoration when she stood before Him one day.

Do you have that same confidence? That assurance that God has conquered death, Hell, and the grave?

Prayer: Victorious God, thank you for your assurances today of your victory over that which we fear the most – death. Amen.







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------