Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Daily Sanctifying



November 13

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 10:1 – 23 

Verse of the Day: Hebrews 10:14 – “For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.”

In verse 10 of this passage, we read “By which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” The sanctification spoken of in this verse is a positional one – referring to our justification or the fact we have been declared righteous. In our passage above, the sanctification is referring to the gradual process whereby believers are made more and more perfect. 

We are once declared righteous when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. However, we are involved in a daily process of being sanctified by Jesus so that we will one day become perfect, just as He is. This final fulfillment will not happen while in these mortal bodies but will be completed when we die and receive our glorified bodies.

Prayer: Father. I thank You that You took me just as I was – “warts and all.” I also thank You that You love me too much to leave me like that. Change me as You wish – I’m all Yours.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------