Friday, November 15, 2019

God is Not Ashamed



November 15

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 11:1 –19 

Verse of the Day: Hebrews 11:16 – “But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God; for he hath prepared for them a city.”

As I was reading our passage for today, I came across an interesting statement. That is the last part of our reading today – “wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God.”

In this chapter of those who are in the Hall of the Faithful, because of their strong faith and belief in their God, God was proud of them. He was proud to be called their God.

I got to thinking, is God proud of me? Is He not ashamed to be called my God? Have I been faithful? Have I been obedient? Have I maintained my part of the relationship? Do I sometimes seem ashamed to admit God is my God?

Prayer: God, it is my desire to please You. I know I must have faith to please You – increase my faith. Draw me close to You. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------