Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Died for me once




November 12

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 9

Verse of the Day: Hebrews 9:27 – 28 – “And inasmuch as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this cometh judgment; so Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to them that wait for him, unto salvation.”

Unlike the repeated sacrifices of the old Levitical system, as men die once, Jesus died once. Unlike men, Jesus did not face the judgment – He was sinless.

As a man, I am aware that there will come a day of my death (if Christ doesn’t come first), and it is a sobering thought of needing to stand before a Holy God and be judged because of my sinful nature. But, Praise the Lord, I do not have to fear this because Jesus was offered on my behalf. His sinlessness has been transferred to take away my sinfulness. I am redeemed, restored, and remade in His image.

Prayer: Jesus, as I ponder on Your Great Sacrifice, I become more and more in awe of what You did for me. May I never lose sight of the greatness of Your Sacrifice on my behalf.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------