Friday, November 22, 2019

Exalted by God



November 22

Daily Bible Reading: James 4

Verse of the Day: James 4:10 – “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall exalt you.”

The Greek word translated as humble in this verse means to make oneself low before others. The voice of this word is that one is doing this to themselves. God, through James, is telling us that we need to make the decision and act on it to hold our view of ourselves as being subservient to those around us. 

When we do this, God will exalt us. The word in the Greek means to raise to the very summit of opulence and prosperity, to raise to dignity, honor, and happiness. I don’t know about you, but I would love to have this done to me. 

What we can learn form this is that if we try to make ourselves appear important, it won’t last. But, if we abase ourselves, God will honor us, and that will last for eternity.

Prayer. Spirit of the Father, come into my life, I give You full control over my body, soul, and spirit. I seek to humble myself in Your sight.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------