Thursday, November 7, 2019

Surgical Removal




November 7

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 4

Verse of the Day: Hebrews 4:12 – “For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Look at the descriptors applied to the Bible. Ponder slowly each one. Alive. Active. Sharp. Piercing. This book that you hold in your hand is unlike any other book ever written. It is the only book that every time you begin to read it, the Author will speak directly into your life. 

It still touches lives and changes hearts. Sometimes it feels as if the Heavenly Surgeon is painfully and deeply cutting away the dead flesh that holds us back. He probes our thoughts, intents, and beliefs as we read His words to us.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I submit to Your sharp, probing look into my life and heart. Discover and remove all that stands between me and my being fully used by You. I want the cancerous growth of sin fully eradicated from my being. I am willing to accept the pain for the freedom to be healthy in You alone.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------