Sunday, November 24, 2019

I am Holy



November 24

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Peter 1

Verse of the Day: 1 Peter 1:16 – “because it is written, Ye shall be holy; for I am holy.” 

The Greek word for holy, αγιοι, means a most holy thing, a saint. It appears well over 220 times in the New Testament. Paul frequently calls believers saints. Peter starts his letter off with this admonition.

When we see this word “because” we need to look back to see what it connects to. In this case, it is verses 13 – 15. Peter under the Spirit’s influence is challenging us to be obedient and live as God would have us live. And he tells us it is because God has told us to do this (Lev. 11:44f; 19:2; 20:7.) Since God is working to conform us into the likeness of His Son (Romans 8:29), He expects us to be obedient and to be what He is changing us into.

Prayer: Father, You are Holy. You are working on me and changing me. It is Your desire that I become like the image of Your Son. I will give myself over to You. I will submit to Your shaping and redefining me. I will give You full reign over my being. Make me like Jesus. Make me worthy of the title Saint. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------