Thursday, January 3, 2019

Glorify Christ



January 3

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 3

Verse of the Day: Matthew 3:16 – 17 – “And Jesus when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him; and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

We find here the reference to all Persons of the Godhead. Jesus, the Son has submitted in voluntary humility to the Father, the Father has declared His endorsement and delight in His Son, and the Spirit desires to glorify Christ.

Today, as we go through our day, let us make it our desire and determination to give glory to Jesus in all that we think, say, and do. Let us seek to show those around us that we have been with God today, and He is pleased to work through us.

Prayer: Father, guard and guide my thoughts and mouth today. Allow me to show forth Jesus to any and all I can today. It is my heart’s cry to follow Him. I thank You for Your direction in my life today. Amen.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------