Monday, January 14, 2019

Walk, work, weaken




January 14

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 11

Verse of the Day: Matthew 11:28 – 30 – “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Leadership often is associated with a tough, hard, bullish, rugged, demanding persona – Jesus is gentle. He is meek.

When we understand that meek is not weak, but strength under control, we can see that He is the kind of person we want to lead us. He is not legalistic in His demands. He invites us to “yoke” up with Him. Instead of increasing our stress and anxiety – He will make it lighter. He will walk, work, and weaken the things we are struggling with. Give them to God – and then let go. He’s got it.

Prayer: Gentle and Meek Savior, I come today under a load of care and concern. I release them into Your hands, I take Your yoke, and I will walk and work with You as You weaken the load. I praise You – Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------