Sunday, January 20, 2019

Storms



January 20

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 14:22 – 36

Verse of the Day: Matthew 14:27 – “But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.”

It was a dark and stormy night. 

How many books have I read that start this way. Yet, as you read today’s passages, you mind will see the picture of a small fishing boat on the sea of Galilee engulfed by a vicious storm. Seasoned fishermen are frightened for their lives. Yet, they are exactly where Jesus told them to be.

But, what I have learned from this passage is that when I am in the midst of a “vicious storm” in my life if I will stop and look and listen I will find Jesus coming to me through the winds, rain, and storm. He will always show up right on time in just the right way. If you are facing a storm today, stop, look, and listen. He is there.

Prayer: Great Encourager, Jesus, I am looking for you in the midst of the storm. You promise to be there. You bring cheer and courage when most needed. Come, Lord Jesus. 


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------