Thursday, January 31, 2019

An important question to consider




January 31

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 21:1 – 22 

Verse of the Day: Matthew 21:6 – “And the disciples went, and did even as Jesus appointed them,”

In this account by Matthew of what we term the Triumphal Entry of Jesus, we find this simple statement. They went and did as he appointed them. Simple. Concise. To the point. 

As I have pondered on this statement, I asked myself – could this be said of me? As I walk through life today, do I do as He has appointed me to do? Am I one that could be labeled faithful and true?

Today, pause and ask yourself that same question. What would you answer honestly?

As I mused over this, I realized that, no, I do not do this all the time. I fail often. However, I am reminded that I have a God who forgives and restores. 

Prayer: Forgiving and gracious Father, today I ask You to forgive and restore me. May I seek You each and every day to do as You have appointed me to do. May I be a pleasant follower of You in all areas. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------