Friday, January 11, 2019

Workers needed.



January 11

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 9:18 - 38

Verse of the Day: Matthew 9:37 – “Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest indeed is plenteous, but the laborers are few.”

Sad words. The question is whether that is still true today? Consider that for a moment. Pause and contemplate Jesus’ statement.

OK. What did you decide? Is there still a harvest that needs to be reaped? With over 7 billion souls alive on earth, I would say that there definitely is. So, are there enough workers to bring in this harvest?

I believe that that is the sad part of this statement. Many could be reached for God, but there is not enough people seeking to reach them. I must stop and seriously look into my heart and life. Am I doing all that I can? Am I a serious and fruitful worker for my Lord?

Prayer: Father, today as I ponder this truth, I am ashamed to say that I am not doing all that I could to reach others with the Good News of the Gospel. I have discovered the hope for the world, and I shamefully hoard it up. May I reach out today and be Your worker. 



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------