Monday, March 26, 2018

Shiloh




March 26

Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 16 – 18

Verse of the Day: Joshua 18:1 – “And the whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled themselves together at Shiloh, and set up the tent of meeting there: and the land was subdued before them.”

The tent of meeting, the Tabernacle, mentioned twice in Joshua (18:1; 19:51). Both places it is in Shiloh (means Abundant Peace) and the picture is the rest referred to in the last devotion. The place where the nation met with Yahweh is the place where they found rest and freedom. The term is also a prophetical reference to the Messiah. 

What a beautiful image being painted before us – the place to meet with Yahweh and find fulfillment of the promise of rest is the Messiah. Today, focus upon Jesus and seek the rest and freedom that only He can give.

Prayer: Jesus, as I turn my eyes upon You, as I focus my mind upon You, as I submit my body to Your use – then I will truly find the rest and freedom that You have bought for me. May I enfold this truth into my life. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------