Tuesday, September 24, 2019

No other way



September 24

Daily Bible Reading: Galatians 2

Verse of the Day: Galatians 2:19 – 21 – “For I through the law died unto the law, that I might live unto God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me: and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith which is in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me. I do not make void the grace of God: for if righteousness is through the law, then Christ died for nought.”

Do you think God ever does anything useless? Would God waste time on anything not necessary? Well, Paul is making the argument here that if I could attain my own righteousness to a level acceptable by God (the Law), then God graciously sending His Son to die was a useless, unnecessary move. In fact, I could call it downright cruel.

Why sacrifice Your Only Son if there was any other way to accomplish our salvation.

Prayer: Merciful, Gracious Father, I believe that You sent Jesus to die for my sins upon that cruel Cross because I could attain righteousness in no other way. Thank You for Your Love.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------