Friday, September 27, 2019

Spirit or Flesh



September 27

Daily Bible Reading: Galatians 5

Verse of the Day: Galatians 5:16 – “But I say, Walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”

The Spirit versus the flesh. We have all experienced it. We have witnessed the inner battle that we go through. With the flesh in control, we suffer through agitation, irritation, offenses, struggles, and comparisons. When the Spirit is in control, we have true release and relief. We have love that isn’t capricious, peace that stays with us, and joy that lasts.

While the Greek word σαρκος usually means the human body, Paul consistently uses it to mean the entire fallen being. Not just the external body but also the mind and soul. The unbeliever can only live in the flesh, but the believer can choose to live in the Spirit or the flesh. Paul continually reminds believers to live in the power of the Spirit and not the flesh.

Prayer: Precious Spirit of God, today I come to You admitting that I often fail and fall into following my flesh. I want to walk in the Spirit. I want to display Your power in my life, in all I think, say, and do. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------