Sunday, September 1, 2019

Cleansed before You



September 1

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 11:16 – 34

Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 11:28 – “But let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup.”

Paul is continuing to answer the questions that had been posed to him by the church at Corinth. In this part of chapter 11, he addresses the Lord’s Supper. In fact, he starts this section with a condemnation, “But in giving you this charge, I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better but for the worse” (vs. 17).

The place where the Lord’s Supper is practiced is not as significant as the condition of the hearts of those taking it. Before any of us takes the cup or bread, we should take the time to ask, “Is there anything between the Lord and me? Is my heart clean?” And if we can’t answer wholeheartedly yes, then we must make things right before we partake.

Prayer: Holy and Just Father, as I examine my heart, shine your light upon my thoughts, words, and actions. Am I truly clean and pure before You? Have I confessed and accepted Your cleansing and forgiveness today. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------