Saturday, August 31, 2019

Mimics



August 31

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 11:1 – 15

Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 11:1 – “Be ye imitators of me, even as I also am of Christ.”

Paul makes a bold statement here, imitate me. The Greek word μιμηται means to mimic or to act like. Paul is challenging the Corinthian believers to act like him, to mimic him in what they do. 

Would I be so bold to tell others this? How about you? Yet, we inwardly expect others to be like us in church. They need to dress like us, talk like us, act like us, like the same things we do…. Well, you get the picture.

Paul challenged them to mimic him, as he mimicked Christ. What a qualifier. Does everything about me mimic Jesus? Can the world see Jesus in me? Do the things I do look like Jesus? All the time? Do the things I say mimic Jesus? All the time? We must walk the walk to challenge others to walk like Jesus.

Prayer: Spirit of the Living God, come into my life today and take control. May I be a true reflection of my Savior in all that I think, say, and do. May I walk the walk today. Amen. 



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------