Sunday, August 11, 2019

Not Alone




August 11

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 11:1 – 21

Verse of the Day: Romans 11:3 – 5 – “Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have left for myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.”

Paul goes back to 1 Kings 19:18 to use Elijah as an example in today’s reading. Some possibly felt that all of Israel had rejected Jesus, just as we may believe that there are no Christians around us. Elijah felt all alone, yet God encourages him by telling him that He still had 7,000 believers in that day.

Today, we need to take stands for what is morally and biblically true, even when we fell all alone. God is with us, and He has an army that will stand for the truth.

Prayer: Lord of All, remind me when I find that I am wavering in my stand that You have an army of believers that will stand strong. Give me the courage to stand for You and Your Word at all times in all places. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------