Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Is the Law sinful?




August 6

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 7

Verse of the Day: Romans 7:7 – “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet:”

Beginning at this point to the end of the chapter, Paul uses his personal example and experience to answer the question as to whether the Law is sin. 

He tells us that without the Law, there would be no sin (verse 8). This starts his dialog dealing with the question. The truth of the matter is, that the morality that is espoused by the Law is in existence. God is the ultimate expression of this morality. We would not know that we were living contrary to His moral standards if it were not for the Law. We now know we are in sin because the Law exposes our sin.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, as I study God’s Word bring to light the sin that is in my life. Help me to see my great need of a Savior, and to see that Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to walk in His way and be like Him today. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------