Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Be a Christian




August 13

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 12

Verse of the Day: Romans 12:1 – 2 – “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. And be not fashioned according to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

Romans 12 starts a few chapters that deal with the Christian Life. Paul describes a Christian in these passages.

In Chapter 12 he challenges us to be living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to God. In the verses above he tells us to transform our minds by renewing them in God. He also calls us to serve God with the Spiritual Gifts that we have been given. Beginning in verse 9 of our reading, Paul tells us that we need to behave like a Christian. Take inventory, how are we doing?

Prayer: Holy Spirit, transform my thoughts so that I can live a life that is pleasing to God. As I seek to utilize the gifts You have given me, help me to behave in a manner that shows the Father to all I come in contact with. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------