Thursday, August 8, 2019

Already completed




August 8

Daily Bible Reading: Romans 8:19 – 39

Verse of the Day: Romans 8:29 – 30 – “For whom he foreknew, he also foreordained to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren: 30 and whom he foreordained, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”

The word “foreknew” in the Greek means to know beforehand. God knew beforehand who would accept Him and who would reject Him. In this foreknowledge, God foreordained these believers to be made into the likeness of His Son.

One of the exciting things about this passage is that all the verbs (foreordained, conformed, called, justified, and glorified) all are in the past tense. God from His Eternal perspective sees all things as completed. I am already glorified in the mind of God.

Prayer: Lord, my I live my life in awareness of my stand before You. I thank You that my glorification is all in Your hands, and that You are the One who completes it all for me. Amen.







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------