Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Who am I?



August 21

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 3

Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 3:5 – “What then is Apollos? and what is Paul? Ministers through whom ye believed; and each as the Lord gave to him.”

In true Christian work there is no such thing as “celebrities.” We are all equal in the sight of God. We, as human beings, tend to place people up on a pedestal. When they fail in some way (remember that we are all sinners saved by grace), then many become disillusioned and disturbed.

Paul wanted the believers at Corinth to see that all work and workers were equal before God. Some of us have the task of plowing up the soil, others go behind and plant the seed. Some work at watering the seed, and still others are given the privilege to harvest. But it takes all to see it happen.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, You have tasked me with a special assignment in the Kingdom. Don’t let me look at others and feel that I am inadequate to do what You have called me to do. I can, through Your power, do what it is that You are calling me to do. Amen.






No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------