Thursday, August 22, 2019

Who's fool are you?



August 22

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 4

Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 4:10 – “We are fools for Christ’s sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye have glory, but we have dishonor.”

Who’s fool are you? When I was asked that question the first time, I was insulted. No one likes to be called a fool. Then the person showed me this verse in Paul’s letter, and I got his meaning.

Paul was a fool for Christ’s sake. He submitted to Christ’s strength, glory, and wisdom. We must be careful that we do not seek our own glory, display our own strength, and strive to parade our own wisdom before the world.

If I am to appear foolish to the world around me, I want it to be because I am standing on God’s Word. The World doesn’t see things as God does, so let me be His fool and not the world.

Prayer: Jesus, I want to live in your wisdom, strength, and glory. Let the world see You through me. I want to display who You are.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------