Saturday, September 21, 2019

Weakness made Strong



September 21

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 12

Verse of the Day: 2 Corinthians 12:10 – “Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

Paul says that he takes pleasure in being weak, being injured, in need, persecuted, and in distress. Not exactly what we would expect to hear from someone who has been through all that Paul has been through. 

Paul was doing some boasting here, “And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” Paul’s weakness made it evident to others that it was not him, but the One who truly deserved the credit. Jesus.

Would I be willing to go through all that Paul went through so that Jesus would be magnified and glorified? Give it some thought today.

Prayer: Jesus, may I be used by You today.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------