Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Impatient?




January 23

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 4 – 6

Verse of the Day: Exodus 5:22 – 23 – “And Moses returned unto Jehovah, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou dealt ill with this people? why is it that thou hast sent me? For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath dealt ill with this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.”

God’s timing is usually not our timing. I have learned over the years that God often takes us through the educational experience called waiting before He delivers what He has promised. He sees a bigger picture of what is taking place in His plan than we do. He knows the precise timing to accomplish His purposes. Imagine if Moses had given up at this point and stopped following God. We would never know about him today. Waiting on a promise from God – He always comes through, in the perfect way and at the perfect time.

Prayer: Father, I am impatient. I want it now. Help as You train me to live in Your time and plan. I trust You – Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------