Friday, January 12, 2018

Praise = Judah




January 12

Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 29 – 30

Verse of the Day: Genesis 28:16 – “And she conceived again, and bare a son. And she said, This time will I praise Jehovah. Therefore she called his name Judah.”

Judah literally means “praise” in Hebrew. The tribe that the Messiah will come from. The Lion of Judah – the King of Praise. But, as I read this, I noticed something interesting.

This is Leah’s fourth son. She has had Reuben (a son), Simeon (hearing), Levi (attached), and now Judah (praise). What I found interesting is that she had three sons before she acknowledged and praised God.

Isn’t this quite like us? We receive blessing after blessing from God, and it takes us awhile before be realize that we need to praise and give thanks to the One who has so blessed us. How much has God blessed you? How often have you stopped and gave Him thanks for these blessings. I know I must admit I am slow to learn this. Today – let’s just praise the Lord!

Prayer: Giving God, may we pause and give You all of our thanks today. Amen. 







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------