Thursday, January 25, 2018

No hail!




January 25

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 9 – 10

Verse of the Day: Exodus 9:26 – “Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail.”


We are finishing 9 of the 10 plagues with today’s reading. The most severe is coming up. Yet, as we consider what is taking place, notice that God constantly protects His people.

We can take assurance from this – that no matter what is happening around us, God will hold tight to what is His. Now, this does not mean that we will be exempt from any suffering, but that ultimately God will always hold on to us.

When God adopted me into His family as His son, I have the guarantee that nothing can take me out of His precious love or hand. I might suffer, I might struggle, I might even face death – but for all Eternity, I am in the hand and heart of God. Whatever happens, He will take care of me.

Prayer: Loving Father, thank you for both the written promises and the word-pictures You provide to teach me of Your care. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------